Have you put a lot of effort, time, and money into your site and are frustrated with lackluster sales? Are you planning to put a new Web site and don't know where to start?
If you are like many business professionals out there, you know your subject, you are an expert speaker or coach in your field, and you are even passionate about it. You have great products and services to sell.
But do you translate those into benefit-driven headlines that pull sales? If you have already put your Web site up did you address your purpose? Do you want to inform, communicate, and help? That's fine, but if you want to sell something, you will drive your potential customers away with such non-effective phrases as "welcome to my site," Here's by product " long paragraphs of your bio on the home page, your book's introduction, or "subscribe to my ezine."
You have only 10 seconds to impress your Web visitors. They don't care about anything except what you can do for them.
Give them a reason to buy.
It's never too late to refresh your home page and others with "marketing pizzazz." Your home page deserves time, effort, and money. You will need to edit it several times before landing on just the right phrases. Without these and continuous maintenance, your unguided efforts are wasted.
Instead, write compelling, emotional, benefit-driven copy to inspire people to take out their credit cards to buy your unique, wonderful creations. You can when you apply the following power "Marketing Pizzazz" techniques.
1. Write dazzling home-page copy that gives your customers a reason to click to your product.
Make your headline a link.? "Quadruple your Web Sales in Less than Three Months" can send your visitors to a short sales letter or bulleted benefits and a choice to "buy now." Before I learned this ultimate powerful technique, my Web sales were flat. Since incorporating copywriting with "marketing pizzazz? my Web site sales jumped from $75 in August to over $2,665 by December 20. After two years, monthly sales are between $4000 and $5000.
2. Pre-plan and know your Web site's purpose. Without a clear purpose, your visitors will be confused and leave. If you are a coach, make sure that is clear. Put up your audience concerns and challenges. Then follow those with bulleted solutions you can give them.? If you have a book to offer, make sure your navigation bars and copy are strong, so your visitor will go to your order page.
Have you ever visited other Web sites and leave wondering what are they selling? What can they do for me? What do they want the visitor, to do?
3. Sell your products and services through brave, bold, headings.
Headings can ask a pertinent question about you visitors challenges, such as "Are your Web sales puny?" Or,? "Are you frustrated not being in the career you love?? Headings can use a benefit statement such as Quadruple your Success (you name what it is) with one feature it works with, such as the Online Promotion Tool Kit (name your product or service).
4. Include sparkling testimonials from the rich and famous on your home page and all others about each product or service you offer.
Recently, my Web master made the whole testimonial a hyperlink.
You may use testimonials for your product and service, but do you have them for your ezine, free articles, and Web site? When other people in your field praise you, your visitors are likely to trust their opinions. It's better than tooting our own horns.
5. Support your home page "Marketing Pizzazz" copy with proper links to product sales letters, stories, and service. Let's say you have a bold heading "Quadruple your Web sales in Just Three Months with Opt-In Ezine Articles." Again, make the whole phrase a hyperlink that when clicked, will transport your visitor straight to your sales letter.
Remember your home page must give your visitors a reason to buy. Use these "Marketing Pizzazz" techniques throughout your site. Think right now, what is it I need to act on next to manifest more dollar success on my site?
Part two of this article is available at www.bookcoaching.com/freearticles/article-89.shtml.
Judy Cullins, 20-year book and Internet Marketing Coach, Author of 10 eBooks including "Write your eBook Fast," and "How to Market your Business on the Internet," she offers free help through her 2 monthly ezines, The Book Coach Says...and Business Tip of the Month at http://www.bookcoaching.com/opt-in.shtml and over 140 free articles. Email her at mailto:Judy@bookcoaching.com